July 05, 2006
***Independence Day Photos***
Makena was very unsure of all fireworks and sparklers at first. I accidentally erased the photo of her refusing to come near them. It was pretty cute. We worked with her and she finally held on to them and was okay w/ them as in this photo w/ my mom. You can see by the look on her face that she still isn't quite sure about it. My mom is sporting earrings made by Makena.




Now we're enjoying the sparklers!!


We found a perfect parking spot, of course we still had to walk quite a ways since the streets were all closed off around Gasworks Park. I was shocked at how many people were there and how it was such a big deal. I don't know why I was so amazed afterall the fireworks at Lake Union are supposed to be one of the biggest in the Seattle area. Makena was a trooper when it came to walking to the park and then standing in line while everyone 'herded' into the park to find a good spot.


Mom, Makena and myself waiting for the fireworks to start.
Once they did start the Army Reserves flew in on a Chinook helicopter dragging beneath it a huge American Flag as they slowly flew by Gasworks park and around Lake Union for all to see. It was spot lighted by a bright light that followed the flag all the way around the area. It paired with Ray Charles on the loud speakers was probably my favorite part of the show. I was a bit disappointed at the song selection for the fireworks. We listened to Queen and some other music that didn't seem very patriotic to me compared to the music selection that we heard last year and the year before at Camp Pendleton. It seems to me that the music should be like 'American Soldier' and Lee Greenwood "Proud to be an American"... but nope- not in liberal Seattle. :(

Patriotic Makena on my dad's shoulders.


Grandpa's Girl! Watching the fireworks over Lake Union

Makena and my dad in front of the large blow up Statue of Liberty head.


It's a hard knock life!! My dad was smart in bringing our lawn chairs and umbrellas (just in case) on this dolly for our long trek to the park. Makena got to hitch a ride back to the car.

posted by 2Kais at 2:38 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment


About Me
Name: 2Kais
Home: Seattle, Washington, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2