June 22, 2007
Yes, it's official
It's FRIDDDAYYYYYY! Yayyyy- it seems like the week has gone a little bit slow. I wonder if it has anything to do with my lack of sleep lately!?! Quite possibly. Makena has been restless at night, and of course she comes to me when that happens.

Take for instance, last night she was so overly tired from being at her friend's house yesterday that I snuggled up in bed with her so she would go to sleep right away. If we let her fall asleep in our room she sleeps faster. Not sure if it's the comfort of mom and dad's bed or that the room is darker. Either way- she crashed out early, not before telling me that touching her bangs hurt her bump on her head or that she was itchy all over. Nearing melt down we snuggled.

Then, at some weird time in the night she got up and complained that her splinter hurt. This was the first I heard about it. I tried to get her to brush it off until the morning.... nope. As luck would have it, the splinter needed immediate removal at 1:30/2ish in the morning. GREAT- we'll have to put the lights on, this means I might actually wake up. - into the bathroom, grab the tweezers, back to Makena's room, on w/ the BRIGHT light, thankfully the splinter was easy, teeny tiny and not one of those 'invisible ones' that you can't find, but can feel. And done.

Back to bed.

Around 4:30- Makena is back in our room, trying to climb into bed. Helllewwwww- aren't you six now?! Okay- finnnee. At this point, I've given up. She says she's cold and wants to snuggle.

So now I've ranted on about our night last night. Sorry it wasn't more exciting.

I am much more awake this morning though, than I have been all week. I FINALLY feel like I got some REM sleep last night- which is the good stuff. Thanks to a good ol bottle of Mike's Hard Lemonade before bed. Bad sleep, all week. Last night- real rest.

Tonight, Makena is having Sidney over for a sleepover. This will be Makena's first official sleepover. Well, she's had Morrigan over- but her parents had to come get her in the night, so we'll see how this goes today. Hopefully, as I expect fine. Sid seems like she'd do good sleeping over at someone else's house.

Makena's 'kid' birthday party is tomorrow. YAYY! and family on Sunday. It's a big weekend.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Check back often for new photos- updated at least once daily.

xoxox- M
posted by 2Kais at 7:32 AM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment


About Me
Name: 2Kais
Home: Seattle, Washington, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2