January 12, 2006
Here we go again....
Well, I just finished saying good-bye to PJ. He is going out to his final training cycle before his deployment. We've reached yet another milestone in the changes of our lives. Each little stepping stone puts us just a bit closer to the inevitable deployment that lies ahead. While it has been exciting planning to go to Seattle, it is also just something to keep me busy and keep my mind off of what is to come. I will push it to the back of my head until I'm ready to deal with it, most likely when we get to Washington.

Here we are on Thursday morning, bright and early 5:30am. I have a busy day. And while it may sound luxurious to some, it's really not 'picture perfect' as I would like it to be. Today, I'm working until 12noon again. Then, I'm going to go to get my nails done *YAY*. Then I'm going to the Spa to have a thermal wrap and a facial. YAY YAY. Typically I'd come home and have a nap after any spa treatments. But today we are celebrating one of my team member's Promotion and an Award she won at work. Afternoon celebrations w/ our work are always fun. It will be a nice time for me especially - because tomorrow is my last day there. Gosh- I can't believe it already. I'm just not ready! YIKES!!

Makena has been having mixed feelings about leaving. She's been excited but also very sad. We're having a going-away party for her and a few of her closest friends at our house. Of course our house has nothing left in it- but we'll be busy playing and having fun with our friends. Pizza, a movie and popcorn. It is going to be a busy busy busy day.

I also won a free one-hour tooth whitening treatment from BriteSmile. Of course it expires in March (When I will be in Seattle)... so I'm trying to fit it in to Friday afternoon before Makena's party.

Tonight- I am working on custom jewelry orders that MUST go out tomorrow.

So much to do... so little time. I suppose I should reach into the closet and pull out my "Super Mom" cape....

And we're off......................




The Silent Ranks
I wear no uniforms, no blues or army greens
But I am in the Marine Corps. in the ranks rarely seen
I have no rank upon my shoulders - salutes I do not give
But the military world is the place where I live
I'm not in the chain of command, orders I do not get
But my husband is the one who does, this I can not forget
I'm not the one who fires the weapon, who puts my life on the line
But my job is just as tough.
I'm the one that's left behind
My husband is a patriot, a brave and prideful man
And the call to serve his country not all can understand
Behind the lines I see the things needed to keep this country free
My husband makes the sacrifice, but so does our daughter and me
I love the man I married, the Marine Corps. is his life
But I stand among the silent ranks known as the Military Wife
posted by 2Kais at 5:38 AM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment


About Me
Name: 2Kais
Home: Seattle, Washington, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2