May 21, 2007
Uneventful, yet satisfying
Uneventful, yet satisfying was the theme for the weekend. Saturday was actually quite exciting! First Makena and I woke up (PJ was at work) and I remembered the Glen Eagle neighborhood was having their garage sales! YAYY- Makena, let's raid your piggybank and go shopping (I know my hands should be slapped! But she lent me $10 LOL). Makena ready w/ her teddy bear purse and striped sweater w/ baseball hat, and me looking scrubby as all hell. We headed off for new treasures. How dumb am I not to realize Makena would want to buy the one thing that I can't stand the MOST... stuffed animals!! At least she only wanted the beanie baby ones. She tends to be most fond of super small stuffed animals that she can tote around w/ her. Of course I spent my borrowed money on things for her. A couple of Gap and Osh Kosh shirts. I was disappointed, for being a nice neighborhood I expected better trash. Oh well. :)

Afterwards, we headed to the Espresso stand (which was a new try and last try for that one). Then off for a drive, which led us on a lengthy adventure for the day. We headed east, then found a sign leading to Lake Riley (What fun, let's see what Lake Riley offers). No Outlet and a sign for DEAD END (we're destined to find Lake Riley). But then we come upon a military base. A Naval base mind you... right at the foot of the mountains.... things weren't really adding up for me, considering the Navy usually works on water. LOL. So, having high security clearance that I have (Not!) we were allowed in.

What a wonderful surprise! A HUGE recreational area on Jim Creek. We went up the logging road (one lane most of the way) 5 miles to a hidden area called Twin Lakes. It was beautiful and quiet (except for the obnoxious child w/ his oblivious parents). You can rent a boat, kayak or canoe. There are cabins and hiking and team building climbing rope tethering towers. It looked like lots of fun. It was great!

Make note: Fun place to go camping, cheap cabins, all around good 'get away weekend'. It would be fun to get a group of girls together for a night and do a team building exercise too w/ the tall rope tower.

SUNDAY, was really the most uneventful day. We sat around, washed a couple loads of laundry, cleaned up and watched tv... oh yes, and napped. I love napping on cloudy days. The weather was not nice so PJ wasn't motivated either. I only sanded one cabinet door and decided to take the rest of the day off. And that was that.

Here we are again, another Monday and a busy week planned. It's a short week for me at work since I have my bone grafting on Friday and Makena has her Cardiology appointment on Thursday.

Much to do. Hope you all have a wonderful week.

Labels:

posted by 2Kais at 1:59 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment


About Me
Name: 2Kais
Home: Seattle, Washington, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2