November 08, 2007
Will our family grow?
This has been a long running question... we hear it from many friends, sometimes from family... 'WOW! Makena is 6 already!? Are you going to have anymore children?'


It depends on what day you ask us this. Last spring, PJ and I decided- that we'd see how it goes and possibly if it's 'meant to be' then in 2007, we'd grow our family. Well, on somedays I'll say YAY! I think this would be great! But on most days, I usually stall and think... hmmmm- I don't know, we'll see. Makena is such a great little girl, I can't imagine having anymore children. I believe someday we will, but we're still young. And let's face it, the age difference would already be 7 years now, what's another few?!


BUT- what we do long for is a dog! We just LOVE Gus Gus (our cat) so much.


I can’t imagine our home w/out him. However, we would love to have a dog. I often find myself surfing petfinder.com where they have lots of pets. Of course many of you know the story of Duke. Last year ‘Santa’ brought Makena a Labradoodle. Duke got HUGE fast, knocked Makena over and was too much of a puppy for our family. So, with that we realized that if we would ever consider it again we would have to find an older dog that was smaller. Something I could manage and wouldn’t pull me around with it’s brute force. A dog that had a laid back personality that loved to be with us and be cared for. Gus is great, though we can’t take him anywhere. That said, we are considering a wonderful Westie, who is 8yrs old named Maggie Mae. I’m sure she’d end up with the name Mae Mae, like Gus turned to Gus Gus. Regardless, not even sure if Maggie is still available. I really wanted to ‘stew’ over the idea of bringing another pet into our home. I feel like we’ve learned quite a bit after last year’s situation w/ Duke. Keeping in mind of course that we were in the middle of moving, starting new jobs, settling in etc… Having never personally been a dog owner, I had less of an idea of what we were getting into. Like I said, older dog, smaller (due to Makena’s size) that is good with children, and good with Gus. With that said… here is a photo of Miss Maggie.


posted by 2Kais at 5:10 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment


About Me
Name: 2Kais
Home: Seattle, Washington, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2