June 09, 2007
Two new things....
Well, Makena is set for Kindergarten (round 2) for the fall! If you remember last fall we attempted Kindergarten at the school my mom taught at. Makena had just turned 5. She had fun and was really learning a lot and probably would've stayed in Kindergarten *if* we hadn't moved. The school district that we moved to has a weird schedule (M, W every other F) and were already on sentence structure when we arrived. Makena needs consistency and a full day Kindergarten- so we put her back in Pre-K and she's flourished since then. She's definately prepared for school in the fall and is mature enough for the program now. Ahhh- how our little girl is growing up (segway to the next 'thing')

Every morning I have drilled Makena on what to do when she wakes up and it worked! This morning she came into our room and wanted me to get her some jeans because she was already getting dressed. I didn't have to ask her to get dressed, she was doing it on her own! I'm so impressed. She made her bed and took care of the cat as well.

Last week she started pouring her own milk. She drinks Organic Whole Milk and we buy only the 1/2 gallons at a time. So she's just big enough physically to do it now. This morning I taught her how to make her own oatmeal! She eats it almost everyday. She loves LOVES LOVES Oatmeal, and at 5yrs old calls it 'Oyt-meal'. I don't correct her because I think it's so stinkin' cute.

Labels:

posted by 2Kais at 7:14 AM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment


About Me
Name: 2Kais
Home: Seattle, Washington, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2