May 22, 2008
quotess


It has been a really long time since I posted on my blog. As for us.... we are all adjusting well. And when I say we, I can speak for myself, Makena and our trusty cat Gus-Gus. We are taking life day-to-day trying to enjoy our new surroundings. I've found through these times that my friends have come to be such a strong support group of mine. I love them dearly with all my heart. There are times when we have drifted but still, always find our ways back to each other again. It is at our roots that we are most strong- I have returned to those. My family has been amazing!! My brother helped me move my stuff from storage to our new condo. And dealing with downsizing- my mom helped me to see the brighter side of things and to remain optimistic. She has been a true inspiration during this chapter (like many others) of my life. My dad, ahhh my dad. Always listening, forever patient and constantly playful with Makena. All in all, my friends have reminded me there is life outside of work, my family has kept me grounded and there are so many exciting things on the horizon.

We have a busy summer planned. I can't believe how quickly things are approaching. Makena is out of school next month, then jet setting with PJ to Nebraska for a 10 day visit. She will be so excited to see her family!! Makena will also spend quite a bit of time at my parent's house w/ my mom- who undoubtedly will be teaching her all summer in preparation for 1st grade next year. Throw in a few summer camps, lots of playing, possibly a trip out to Lake Chelan, Portland, the ocean and we're GOLDEN! lots of fun planned.

And maybe.... just maybe, I'll save up enough money to take her to Disneyland. We've been talking and talking and talking about it- but it will be a surprise when it does happen. She will be thrilled!!

What else... oh so we moved. We live in a great condo in an area called Mukilteo. We are lucky enough to overlook the golfcourse so it's pretty private and we have beautiful western exposure. 2bedrooms, 1.5 baths. It was recently remodeled so we have granite counters, nice new carpet, a fireplace etc... it's been interesting to try to find a place for all of our stuff but it's been working fine. Just a few more boxes to go through. I bought all new furniture and a new tv. There are more things that I need, but in time I will get them.

We love our new place - 3 swimming pools (2 outside, 1 inside), a workout gym, tanning, basketball court, jacuzzi etc... Not to mention the most important thing- an award winning school district. I could've lived anywhere- but picked our place based on the test scores of the schools. Next is that we are 10 minutes from my work!! LOVE IT. We've gone from a 45 minute commute, to a 30 minute commute to 10 minutes. ELATED!

Also, I bought a new car. Can't remember if I wrote about this, but I did. In the process PJ took the truck, I took the Jetta. I traded it in for an Acura TSX. It's white/cream w/ tan leather interior, tinted windows and navigation. I am good w/ directions but instantly became attached to my Navi. Love it! Most important- biggest reason for trading was that it is automatic. The Jetta was stick shift and I just wanted something easy to drive that I knew would be dependable. Not to mention the gas mileage is wonderful! I can make a tank last over a week- if I'm not driving around too much.

It's Thursday night, Makena is with PJ tonight. I am going to go home, workout then hook up w/ a friend to catch a movie. There are so many funny movies out. Gotta run! Much love- xoxo Mary Kai
posted by 2Kais at 1:04 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment


About Me
Name: 2Kais
Home: Seattle, Washington, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2