March 26, 2008
Vaca
Thanks to all of you for your kind emails, thoughts and prayers. It's nice to know I've got my friends out there. The recent months are difficult to discuss with people... I mean how do you tell your friends w/out having them feel like their out of the loop in some respect... "Ummm- so, today I went to the grocery store, picked up my daughter, and saw my divorce lawyer...." ummm ya, no. So, being more closed up than I have been in the past- it's all just a little at a time, baby steps towards the light at the end of the tunnel.

A while ago, I sat down w/ we'll call him DS. He's my sounding board. No relation, nothing... in fact my insurance company pays him... he's not a shrink- he is a family counselor. But after a couple visits he said that really he was more of a sounding board for me, because I already knew what I was going to do- there was no real goal- just needed to sort through the feelings or lack there-of that I had. Anyhow- when we discussed goals I discussed my trip to Hawaii. Would this be a good trip for Makena to have both of her parents? My brother certainly would like to have PJ with us... well, no. This was about a new beginning. My first goal was to set a date to be completely moved out of the house. - Before the trip would be ideal. So when Makena met w/ DS last week, we discussed the completion of the move and he reminded me 'You Did It!'

Sure enough, I met my goal. I'm out of the house before my trip. It'll be nice to know that there will be renters in the house on the 1st and that I really don't have to go back for a very long time. I loved my house, but really I'm very relieved. So when I get back from my trip, I'll be relaxed, tan and ready to take on new challenges. Work will still be work and we'll be settling into our new routines.


I really feel like we're moving forward. I think the trip tomorrow will solidly cement that in place. The last couple months have really been dragging. With the spring here, some sun now and again- things are really looking up. I've been getting out more and more. There are some movies that I wanted to Netflix that I signed up for because I always wanted to see them, but never did. There is a fight movie out that I really really want to see. And a few other shows. I want to go to a comedy club again (did that a couple weeks ago) and I want to go to the shooting range because I've never shot a real gun. I also want to take up kickboxing and start running again. It's time to get in shape. I've already dropped down to about 109, now I really really want to be toned up for the summer.

Tulips are starting to bloom. They are my absolute FAVORITE! Pink tulips!!! AND Gerber daisies. They are my all time faves.

This is about it. Not much else. I'm just really excited about our trip. We have to leave in 5 hours and I'm not asleep yet! I need to pack my make-up and a few last minute items but overall, we're ready to go.

Cheers- will post pics from afar if I get WiFi. Otherwise- when we get back.

Much aloha!! xoxo
posted by 2Kais at 12:16 AM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment


About Me
Name: 2Kais
Home: Seattle, Washington, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2