March 22, 2008
A new day
Well, it's Saturday - just before Easter... I woke up today- for the first time in long time without this terrible anxious feeling in my stomach. Friday was a long- day. I went up to the house to do some final packing with the anticipation that it was going to be the last time I was up there for the next 2 years. I got up to the house sometime around 8:30/9 am. I was super tired from being out the night before- so I took a nap. I have no idea how, in a house that was 49 degrees (we had turned the heater off) that I was able to do it- but I grabbed my down comforter, a pillow and curled up at the fireplace for 2 hours. I woke up and luckily it was enough to get me going again. I stayed there most of the day- except picking up Makena. Around 7pm, we headed out and came home.

Enroute we picked up a couple movies that I had wanted to see ' Mr. Magorium's Magical (?) Emporium' and 'August Rush'. I was so tired that I fell asleep partially into August Rush. In a few minutes when I put Makena to bed (she's up late tonight) I'm going to put it on again to watch it.

We had a really great day though- truly. I miraculously had incredible sleep last night and slept in until Tay called me- maybe 8. My mom, Makena and I went to Sprout's Children's Theatre in Redmond and took Makena to see Cinderella. It was GREAT! I am thinking about buying season's tickets. It was something special for Makena and we had great seats. It was only about 1 hour long, followed by a quick trip to Coldstone Creamery for ice cream (sorbet for me) and home again. The weather was BEAUTIFUL today. Here in Seattle the weather doesn't give us much more than gray skies and clouds and drizzle most of the time. So when it is sunny we enjoy it tremendously and appreciate it so much. Makena played outside quite a bit today so I was happy about the time she had with fresh air.

Speaking of outside... the pollen is getting so high here! I have terrible allergies and I can tell it's 'that time of the year' again. I'll need to get some kleenex to carry in my purse and start taking Claritin again.

This afternoon I bought myself a new laptop. I'm playing with it right now. LOVE IT! I did a bit of research and have been thinking of getting one for a little while so it was between the Dell Inspirion and the HP Pavillion series. I found that more people were happy with HP. I use my manager's HP Laptop at work all the time and have used my friend, Jeanne's laptop for a week as well. Both HP's so .... I went with that- plus the reviews were in HP's favor. So far I love it. I'm not sure what I feel about the Vista operating system. I know it takes up tons of memory just to run so, I would like to upgrade the memory at some point. I can go up to 4 gig's of memory and have 2 gigs right now... but for now it's all good.

Anyways- there you have it- those are the updates I have for us. I hope to post some photos soon. I have to find the transfer cord and upload the photo software that I like to this computer on Monday.

That's it!

Hope whoever is reading this has a great Easter.
posted by 2Kais at 9:25 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment


About Me
Name: 2Kais
Home: Seattle, Washington, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2