July 07, 2008
Independence Day
This year- like many years of the past- we celebrated the Independence of the United States. It's not really 'the 4th of July'. As a daughter of a retired soldier and Makena's dad being in the USMC- we hold military holidays close to our hearts. We are proud of all those that have served for our freedoms. 2008 Independence Day felt different- Makena was gone w/ PJ in Nebraska, it felt like part of me was missing. I missed my Makena. She would have loved to watch the fireworks with us as we lit them off. I talked to her nearly everyday she's been gone. She had a great time w/ her cousins and has been doing good. She has told me she's ready to come home. It's hard when we miss each other so much. She does good typically until day 2 or 3 when she's not with me. It sounds like she has been quite a trooper and probably has done better than I think. Anyways- I spent the holiday with friends. It was pretty relaxing and the weather cooperated. All in all- it was nice. Here are some pics.


Stephanie & Leslie- two really great friends for years and years

Bowman & Les










posted by 2Kais at 3:10 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment


About Me
Name: 2Kais
Home: Seattle, Washington, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2