July 10, 2006
Describe a personal challenge you encountered and how you dealt with it?
My husband has been an active-duty Marine for 11 years. In 2004 he deployed to a highly combative location in Iraq where he was faced with day-to-day live and die situations. I decided that when he deployed I would stay in California, over 1100 miles away from our nearest family member. Never did I fully understand the danger that he was going into, but I felt it was necessary to stay put - keep my job and stabilize our homefront among the instability of our situation. A nearly month long stand-off with insurgents in An Najaf and a full-blown battle in Fallujah left my close friend's husband, and several of my husband's friends and Marine Corps. brothers killed in action. Each of these deaths, nearly back to back during the stand of in An Najaf touched me closely. While I wanted to turn and run from the chaos that encircled my life, I felt the obligation to my child, my job and the younger wives around me that I must push on with my chin up and my head held high.

When your body is filled with flight instead of fight, I have found that it takes all the fight in you to muster up the courage to stay it through. It is through those months on end, weeks at a time where I feared my world was going to turn upside down. Little did I know, it was... and I survived.
posted by 2Kais at 11:24 PM -
1 Comments:
  • At July 11, 2006 10:54 PM, Blogger Devi Girsang, MD said…

    Hello Mary,

    I'm Devi from Jakarta, Indonesia.
    You surely have a touchy story.
    Life ain't easy and fortunately you survived.

    I'm just 20 and sometimes I have to encounter some problems which I didn't think I could make it. But after I read your post, I'll make sure I will survive :)

     
Post a Comment


About Me
Name: 2Kais
Home: Seattle, Washington, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2