March 24, 2007
It's been MUCH too- long!






I don't even remember the last time I posted to my blog... I suppose 'life' got in the way.


I'm much overdue for an update, so here it goes.


PJ moved up here to Seattle *YAY* a couple days before Christmas. I spent the month of December 2006 looking for a new home. We fell in love with several houses and the pickings were slim in weeks before Christmas. After 3 home offers, and lots of second thoughts we came back to a home that I kept 'eyeing' but wasn't sure about. Only 4 years old and with all sorts of potential (even in a home that is so- new) it seemed like a great fit- and it is :). We lucked out w/ 3 bedrooms + an office (the only thing is that it doesn't have a tall 'official' closet- otherwise it would be considered a 4th bedroom), on a 1/4 acre fenced yard w/ a two car garage. The potential comes from an area above the garage that is large enough for a 450+ sq. ft addition w/out having to build external walls! We need to install a supporting beam in the garage and add a window (or two) and walls and electricity of course, but overall a fun room addition (probably a movie room). We love that we have open ceilings and the second story can look down into the family room. We closed the day after Christmas (barring a several CRAZY events that lead to a slight delay).


On Christmas day, Santa brought Makena a Goldendoodle puppy - appropriately named after the famous surfer "Duke". He was a HANDFUL! While it was nice to have him around while PJ was home (did I mention he decided to remodel the kitchen just a couple days after we moved in and BEGAN to unpack?)- once PJ's work schedule took over- I buckled under the pressure of taking care of a new puppy and a 5yr old AND working at a new job. Last weekend we found Duke a wonderful new home with a family that works FROM home and already has another puppy for Dukey-woo to play with (did I mention they have a 1/2 acre fenced yard!?). It was a perfect fit and I believe he is very happy there.


So this past Monday, I began to work on PJ in breaking down to let us bring "Gus" home from my parent's house. Gus is their dopey Himilayan Lilac Point cat (did I mention his eyes look like they're going to pop out?) Makena cared for my parent's cats the entire time we lived at their house while PJ was deployed. She fed them and put them away (they slept in the laundry room at night) . I KNOW that Gus is much more our speed and can be cared for by Makena. I suppose I neglected to mention that Gus won't knock Makena down, doesn't outweigh Makena and won't nip her consistantly everytime she walks by. LOL.

OH! And about my job- what a whirlwind of a ride! I was offered a supporting position for a company in the concrete/construction industry in January. I felt like the company was a good overall fit for me as far as environment and of course attire (jeans everyday!). Within the first two weeks there was discussion about moving me to a Marketing position. I'm naturally creative and have a great sense of business practice and branding within an industry. As I've expanded my experience in photography I found that I could use my knowledge and creativity on a 'daily' basis in my new position. After a heartpounding presentation and pure anticipation I spent a weekend debating between a Purchasing Manager and Marketing/Branding position. Though originally my eyes/heart were set on the Marketing I saw a larger future in the Purchasing Management position. In the end, I followed my heart and will build my role within the company utilizing my creative skills and helping to re-brand our company within a growingly competitive industry. I couldn't be more excited! I have been acting in the role with some projects for a couple weeks but will officially be on board into my new position in the next week or so. All this, and I can't believe I haven't even been at this company for much more than eight-weeks! I love it and am excited to watch us expand in production and market share over the next years.

PJ's work---- well, that is a story in itself. He leaves in the morning around the same time that we do, and usually comes home when we're in bed. I'm lucky to be able to talk to him several times a day and meet up for an occasional lunch date. Sometimes when we're lucky he will be home Saturday evening for a late dinner or before we are all in bed. Once Sundays roll around- we're in family mode as it is generally the only day a week we get to have him around for any real length of time. In the midst of his absence I've learned to measure wood for cutting, drill holes, install shelving and my next goal is to buy a new battery for the riding lawn mower and mulch the mile-high grass that is taking over the backyard due to the lack of energy our mower has. It's good not to always depend on someone else to do the work for me, and also- on Sundays his 'please help me w/ this' list... is typically considerably shorter. I try to keep it to one or two items and that's it.

Makena is doing SUPER! She has officially began to read! She is sounding words out from left to right and busting through "Dick and Jane" like it's nobody's business. We haven't touched the book in a few weeks and two days ago she began to ramble right on through it. It was so- exciting to get to this point. We're still trying to get a few phonics down but overall we've really reached a big milestone and we couldn't be more proud.


Hope everyone is doing wonderfully. Thank you all for the prayers for PJ's dad- he is recovering faster than planned and I believe prayer really helped aide in his health, and for that we are grateful.

To all my friends, who are distanced from us by the miles between us- we miss you and think of you often.

xoxox- Mary


ps.. .hoping to update my blog more often now- Enjoy some updated photos.

Labels: , , ,

posted by 2Kais at 8:52 AM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment


About Me
Name: 2Kais
Home: Seattle, Washington, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2