July 14, 2006
So much to do... so little time!
I can't believe how long P.J. has been gone! It amazes me how different this deployment has been (Thank God!) from the last one. It is wonderful being around family and friends during the past 7 months.

P.J. is enroute home and will arrive *NEXT MONTH* stateside once again. YAY!! We'll have him home for the next 3 years :o) we are VERY lucky for that. -

And for now... I must get busy. We're just putting the final touches on our long awaited vacation- just the two of us. Since we have lived so far from family, we have often spent our vacation and time off traveling to visit. This time, we're heading off to Hawaii for ourselves and I couldn't possibly be more excited! We are also celebrating our anniversary. Although it's 6 months earlier than our 10 year anniversary of being married we are going to celebrate when we're in the tropics. Due to our unknown relocation sometime after January it's unlikely that we'll be able to celebrate in any extreme at that time. So - we'll take advantage now.

Many of you know that P.J. and I eloped when we were 19 years old (ahhh- such babies!) after knowing each other for just a month and a half! We opted to have a private wedding with only us and a Pastor. I never really dreamt of my 'wedding day' or how it would be. I always did think that P.J. and I would have friends and family there, but now I'm glad things happened the way they did. Because after all this time, we are going to renew our vows, together, alone... in the same manner that we first were married. And now, I think it's romantic (ahhh- shucks!).

That said, I am busy planning this wedding like I never thought I would. I never thought I'd be caught up in all the planning. Even though there isn't that much planning to be done. I have an idea of what I am going to wear, I'll make my own jewelry, I know what color flowers I want and pretty much how I want to have my hair, I know what I would like P.J. to wear. I just have to ask him if he wants to wear a jacket or just a white dress shirt w/ Khaki colored pants. The rest is pretty much taken care of. We have a beautiful location picked out.

As for our plans in Hawaii, we're staying in a ccean front room w/ a beautiful lanai right on the beach, overlooking the ocean. We've rented a convertible to drive around and have lots of activities planned.

We're going to go to the Polynesian Cultural Center for dinner and a show, Shark Dive (referred by my good friend Elizabeth), U.S.S. Arizona Memorial, Renew our Vows, lay on the beach, swim at the pool & beach, go snorkeling or scuba diving and hike up to some of the waterfalls.

I'm so excited that we're going to have this opportunity. It will be hard for PJ, because he's flying from San Diego to Seattle to meet up with me just 12 hours before we fly to Hawaii - and he's not going to see Makena as he hasn't seen her for 7 months. It will be better for her though not to see him and have him leave so quickly. She'll get to see him when we return. We've promised to bring her home a surprise!

Well, that is plenty updating for now. I have lots to do!

xo - Mary
posted by 2Kais at 10:11 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment


About Me
Name: 2Kais
Home: Seattle, Washington, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2