January 08, 2008
You should know these things- as your life might depend on it.
Freakin' kidding. Nothing in my blog could possibly be important enough to save your life. Seriously--- but you're reading... so I have your attention.

I've been in a 'blog funk' lately. I was doing better- but I do have a funny story about Makena. This may or may not make you think I'm a bad mom. I don't really care - cause I know I'm not. I put Makena and my family first many many times in a day, week, month and year before myself. It's a 'mom' thing/woman thing -okay who am I kidding- I'll call it a mom thing. So, on our way home yesterday, I decided it was time to hit the tanning salon. I'm looking rather 'Casper-ish' these days, and for a Hawaiian... that's not something to write home about. I've been thinking about going for a while, just so I look a little bit more alive in this Seattle weather. If you know me, you know I'm not 'high maintenance'. I do love days at the Spa... facials and massages. But I can't type with big, thick, square, acrylic nails or overlays. And for pedicures... my feet are way tickle-ish - so if you want some humor, take me to get my toes done. Plus I think feet are nasty and no one should be paid to scrub mine or anyone else's. ... moving on.

I told Makena we were going to the tanning salon, she groaned. Then I asked her what it was, she replied she didn't know (first funny - I think kids are wired to whine/complain). I explained to her that I would take off my clothes, except my underwear and bra- lay on a bed of lights for a short period of time, then I'd get tan. We went in, I showed her the bed and she began to get leary when I told her I was going to turn on the light and close it down over me. She was very concerned that I wouldn't be able to breath! haha.

Nice... warm... relaxing. Think... beach, waves crashing....

Picture this, Makena- (who brought in her leapster to play with while I tanned) - playing around while holding tanning glasses to her eyes to protect them. She was very interested in the glasses and I told her she had to keep them over her eyes and she couldn't sit close to the bed and needed to sit back away from the bed (see - I'm still being responsible) - I was only going to be in there for 12 minutes. So I figured, 12 minutes for me, nice warm and tan.

"Mommy... how much longer is it going to be?"..... "What is the number on the wall Makena?".... "7, okay when it says 2, let me know (I thought I'd be buying myself 5 more minutes of quiet time - NOPE)"
Makena: "Umm- I think it says two" (kids her age flip numbers around)... "Now it is 4"
Makena: "Now it says 3"
Me: (great... this is really relaxing)
Makena: "It says 2 on the wall!"
To no surprise, I was 'ready' for it to be 1.

It turns off... I open the top, get out and Makena exclaims "Mommy, you don't look any different."

(Great- there goes $20!)

Labels:

posted by 2Kais at 9:08 PM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment


About Me
Name: 2Kais
Home: Seattle, Washington, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2