November 20, 2007
38 Reasons why I hate Wal-Mart
1. The lady that crosses in front of my truck as I pull into the parking lot. She is wearing her 'soccer grandma' velour outfit, and nonchalantly pushes her cart right in front of my big ass, black truck. Then she looks over to me, and throws a 'oh, didn't see you there/giggle shrug' in my direction. I smile politely then wonder 'How the hell did you not see my black 4-door monstrosity of a 5600 lb truck barrelling toward you and your purchases?!"

2.Nobody knows how to park, so double the spaces are taken by people over the lines- I have to park far away.

3. Why are ALL these people AT Wal-Mart at 2pm in the afternoon anyways!?! Jobs anyone!?!?

4. The guy at the door that welcomes me to Wal-Mart

5. Grocery carts, they're gross- people put their hands all over them and I think they should be treated like nuclear waste.

6. Smelly people.

7. Stand up straight when you're pushing your cart!

8. Why is there an optical store inside Wal-Mart? I've never seen one person in the area, unless they had a lab coat on.

9. If you have a child, be giving to this world- don't let them run around in the stores practically knocking over my grocery cart.

10. If you have more than one child- it is beyond unacceptable to let them both run after each other.

11. Kids don't belong in clothing racks, hiding on shelves or playing in the merchandise. There is no excuse to this. Take them to the park or put them in a box at home to play. Kids jumping out from behind hidden items only scares the crap out of unsuspecting walker-bys.

12. The lady yelling at her husband/boyfriend/baby's daddy.

13. Same lady yelling in front of her child.

14. Same lady yelling to make a scene and think that she's making a point to the man who is crazy enough to be out with her, let along get in the bed with her (if he so was the baby's dad).

15. Did I mention the crazy lady yelling!? This really solidified my thoughts about her specifically.

16. Where are the items when you need them?

17. Where are the employees when you need to ask them questions?

18. Why is it that the employee can't answer my questions about the differences between Geo-Mags and Magnetix... when the toy section is 'their area'.

19. The employee who is putting the kids' toys from "go-backs" back onto the shelves, but first wipes her runny snotty nose, then handles the toys and looks at you like 'What?'. GROSS!

20. The lady, yelling at her man, with her young child... 2 isles over.

21. The scanner machine is able to answer my questions about 'the real difference (price)' between the Geo-Mags and Magnetix. Magnetix wins by $10 less.

22. Still can't find the 'one' item that I am really looking for.

23. Paid for Site-to-Store shipping online the other day... now that I see my item in the store, now what?! I guess I wait for that elusive email to tell me it's time to come stand in line and pick up my item.

24. Great! Another trip is planned in the near future.

25. The smell of the subway restaurant mixed with the smell of Wal-Mart. This should never be done.

26. Having someone cut in line.

27. The person that cut in line, can't control their child and they are willfully disobeying their parent.- my heart is racing.

28. DAMN! Someone please shut your kid up a couple isles over, the child sounds like they're right next to me cause they're screaming so loud.

29. Screaming lady, screaming at her screaming child and blaming the dad/man... oh look it's the same crazy lady from the toy section.

30. Did I mention I hate people who scream at their kids in public (or at all) but especially in public? It is embarrassing to the child and only makes the parent look like they need to be noticed or approved of. I'm a strong believer in getting your tone stern and telling the child quietly- how to behave. Or... a trip to the bathroom is a good place to 'talk' through whatever needs to be said. Parents usually embarrass themselves when they lose control to keep their voices down.

31. The guy who starts to scan my items. Asks me if I found everything okay. When I say no, he looks at me with a blank stare ... I guess that's just too- damn bad. Why do they ask if you found everything okay- if they're not going to rectify the situation and help to fix the problem?!

32. Catching a glimpse of the 'hot item' I wanted to pick up- I've already paid... so I say I'll take it to Customer Service since I already paid online for this. Reluctantly (as if I'm going to steal this) he says- hmmm- okay.

33. Long lines at Customer Service.

34. Forget it. I'm just paying for it- we'll give the extra one as a gift. It's not worth the time in line behind at least 7 other people.

35. FOR God's Sake- that lady again w/ her dysfunctional family. Listen, if it's that bad- go home and try again another day.

36. The guy at the door, is he supposed to be like Costco where they look over your receipt- or does he just hand out stickers?

37. People standing around the entrance and exit doors smoking. Gross!


38. Piles and piles of shopping carts. Don't be surprised if you find them down the street.


Okay- so this is as far as I could get. And I know many of these things happen in other stores too- it just seems like they ALWAYS happen at Wal-Mart.

Soooo.... if I've missed one of the great reasons why Wal-Mart sucks, share with me your story!!


Happy Tuesday.
posted by 2Kais at 7:40 AM -
0 Comments:
Post a Comment


About Me
Name: 2Kais
Home: Seattle, Washington, United States
About Me:
See my profile...

Previous Post
Archives
Links
Credits

Free Blogger Designs
Dingbat Font1 - Dingbat Font 2